Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last week in church Pastor was talking about prayer. I have to admit that I don't really remember what exactly he said, but while he was speaking I thought about all the things Jen and I went through this summer. We went to Bali and Lombok and lived through the stomach bug that followed. We made it through the atrocity that was our flight to the states for the wedding. We were able to see some of the most beautiful country God has ever created when we went to Colorado. We've been motorcycle riding, bike riding, flying on a Cessna 172, whitewater rafting, scuba diving, uh....married, and so much more.

I feel like I've complained alot about some of the things that have gone on this summer. But really, looking back on it, we were so blessed to have things be taken care of as well as they were this summer. For all of the traveling, playing, working, sleeping, and talking we did this summer; everything worked out! God has taken incredible care of us throughout all of it.

Now what does this have to do with prayer? I can't say that I was on my knees through all of the things we did, but I can say that God loves me and loves to make things good for his children. I believe that while all of this was happening, many people from all over were praying that it would work out. If I'm wrong, please tell me. In fact, if I'm right, please tell me.

I would like to thank all of you who chipped in to make this summer awesome for us. God answered your prayers.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Hi, this is your Mom and "yes" we were praying. We prayed a lot and we continue to pray. Making it through this summer was an answer to prayer, but what we also pray for is the rest of your lives together. There are worse things to come (because there is bad in every life) than the stomach bug from a third world country. We pray God will prepare both of you and that you will be grounded solidly in his word so that no matter what happens you will know that your God is in control and the three of you together will make it through. We thank God for all the adventures this summer, we hope you enjoyed them and see them for what they are , blessings from a God who loves you. (We love you too)