Thursday, November 27, 2008

Living in a Whirlwind

Sometimes you just have to MAKE time for things, and that is what I am doing right now. I feel guilty that I have not kept up any of the new and exciting things going on in our lives on our blog. So, I am taking 5 minutes to update YOU.

First of all, I was offered a job in October as an ESL teacher at a small international school in Seoul. It is about an hour and a half by public transportation and I thought it was a job I could "work into" over time. Turned out it was available immediately, and due to several circumstances and prayer we believed this opportunity was of the Lord. So we made plans for me to change jobs as of January.

Since then, we have decided to go ahead and make the move into Seoul. It will be easier for Cory to commute to his same school then for me to get into the city during rush hour. In addition, I signed a contract for a year and a half . . . so we'd be moving there by summertime anyway.

In the last few weeks, I found out that the school is going to be losing a 4th grade homeroom teacher and wanted to know if I would be interested in taking that job as of January. OF COURSE! In fact, that was what I figured I'd be working towards anyway. Get in as the ESL teacher, move to homeroom the following year.

Well, I am thrilled to say I will be taking the 4th grade homeroom as of January 5th. I am also pleased to let you know that our weeks of apartment searching has come to a close. We found a GREAT place and will be moving in 6 days. Yikes.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but we have to work. I've got major deadlines for our English newspaper and a baby shower to host on Saturday. So, the packing will wait until Sunday, at least! LOL! But I am SO thankful that we will be moving way before Christmas! I can't wait to decorate our new place!

Hope that updates you a little. My 5 minutes is spent, and I've still got a "to-do" list. Don't we all? :) Check out this link to the school if you have time: www.ccslions.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY....WE'RE NEIGHBORS!!!

Jessica said...

So glad you guys moved to central Seoul! Wahoo! I can see you loving being a homeroom teacher. It's so awesome that you could get that right off! I'm sure you will find much more fulfillment in that then in your previous job. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys more. :-)