Friday, January 15, 2010

Korea Makes the New York Times

It's really not that exciting. I've seen articles about Korea in the New York Times quite frequently. This is, however, the first time I've seen a Korean company get openly mocked by such a high profile website. See it here. I appreciate this little bit of fun-poking! Mostly because we see crap like this all the time from large companies like Samsung and LG and I've often wondered if the same ignorance occurs in my native land. Sure enough.

Since we're bashing Korea, I'll mention something else real quick. I recently purchased a PC monitor from the local tech market. I bought it for the church to use and I wanted to see what it looked like/would it work for what we needed it for. After connecting the cables and setting it up on the desk, I ran my fingers lightly around the frame to wipe off the dust, styrofoam, etc. I noticed a quality control sticker flutter down to the desk and picked it up just to make sure it wasn't important. It read, "Warranty Void If Removed." Crap hahaha. Yep, it's probably pretty crappy. This is the quality of inexpensive merchandise here.

Jen and I recently went to Taiwan and LOVED IT. Sure we packed for 80 degree temps and found 50 degree temps, sure it rained 5 of 7 days we were there, and sure there's only two things to do there, but it was fun! We'll try to put up some pictures. The pics I took on the iPhone have been uploaded to facebook. Jen took a lot more pictures with our point-and-shoot, and those will come later. We'll only put the best on this site, so check back again.

Happy New Year!

No comments: