Friday, August 31, 2012

Esther's First Birthday

 
Esther doesn't realize it yet, but she is blessed!  She turned one on June 22, 2012, but she celebrated that birthday more than 3 times! 
 
 
She first had a surprise party given to her (and me, Jen) by our CCS family in Korea in early June.  I didn't take a camera, so I don't have any pics myself, but Esther was given a Korean Hanbok, a gift certificate for professional studio photos, and her caretaker in Korea, Gramma Beth, made some amazing butterfly cupcakes!
 
 
Scattered through this post are some of the professional photos that were taken.
 
(Many more can be viewed on my facebook page.)
 
 
The night before her actual birthday we celebrated with our Bible Study group in Korea.  I made my 2nd attempt at a fondant cake - this time going for layers, covering each one and all the decorations out of fondant.  It was fun and I am definitely sold on the fondant.  Once we get settled I am going to be doing some more experimenting with that, I'm sure!
 
 
When we reached America Esther got to celebrate again!  This time we decided on an ice cream cake - and though I wish I hadn't chosen red icing, she LOVED it!
 

 
 
When we arrived in California Esther was showered with more gifts from the Dyck side of the family. 
 
Our little girl is 1 ... time sure does fly!

 

No comments: