Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bakersfield, California



 I know it doesn't always work this way, but when the decision was made to leave Korea it was very clear.  Within a week Cory had a job offer here in Bakersfield, and though we tried to take some time before making the final decision, there wasn't much time to spare and it seemed evident that we were supposed to purchase a new home and embrace a new direction.


And so, here we are - just about 6 months later.  We are buying a home and moving in 2 weeks.  Many people have asked me if I (Jen) am adjusting to life back in America - to be honest I think it's been easier on me and Esther than on Cory.  I find that I am happy to be able to communicate clearly (most of the time) with others - a common language is rarely the issue!  I love going to the grocery store and being able to find ANY ingredient I am looking for, for ANY recipe I want to try out on my family!  I love being closer and more in touch with family - even texting back and forth throughout the day brings so much joy.  I love the idea that we are going to have our own home.

There are definitely things that we are finding difficult, but I feel like recently my 'cup' is overflowing.    



No comments: