Thursday, September 20, 2007

Getting My Feet Wet.

As much fun as I thought I would have going out and getting lost in Korea, it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Keep in mind that we haven't actually seen anything but our town (Goyang) and Seoul. So we're tickling the armpit (geographically, not qualitatively) of Korea without really exploring the rest of the body. I want to go see some of the other stuff around here, but we'll have to wait for the piggy bank to get back to market shape before that happens.

We have gotten to see some pretty sweet stuff, as you can see below. We've also been to the underground. Not the subway, the black market. Okay, I don't really know if it's black or not, but there are tons of shops in just a little bit of space and everybody sells electronics. It looks shady even if it's not. Anyhow, what I'm talking about is a place called Yongsan. It's heaven for anybody who loves technology. I am becoming a bit of a gadget lover, so I was pretty pumped that we got to stop by there last week. I picked up a presenter mouse for class, some RAM for my laptop, a new DVD burning drive for my laptop (installed for free) all for less than two hundred dollars. (I had to stop and think about that real quick, but it's true.) It's a pretty happening place. I might go back down there sometime and pick up some software. I have a DVD burner, but I don't have a program that will convert home video to DVD format, unless I'm an idiot (entirely possible).

Anyway, enough about all that. I want to say that I miss you guys. I'm not sure exactly who all reads this, but I'm thankful for you. We've only been here really for three weeks, but I have been missing you a lot lately. I'm glad Jen is here with me, otherwise I'd probably be miserable. I look forward to hearing from you all. My email is up in the "About Me" section of this page. I can forward things to Jen also. Alright everybody, Shoot.

3 comments:

Shyla said...

hey kids! congrats on your black market finds! i thought you were gonna tell us you went to the bl.mkt and came out with a weave! :)

Candy said...

Hi Cory and Jen, I got on here the other day to read your blog and something came up, so here I am again getting to finish it. I am with Shyla I thought you were in the black part of town, although where you were sounds scary.
You miss us? ahhhh! We miss you too, but we are happy for you two and all you will experience while you are there.
I will go to your e-mail and write more just to catch you up on all that is going on around here. Dad says "HI", we love you both, MOM

Anonymous said...

Dycks-You are missed greatly in Guam! There's not much more to say than that, with out rambling on. We're watching the first episode of The Office tonight. Wish you could enjoy with us. Jonas is off island in Seattle. What a rough job. He's getting, hopefully by God's grace, certified for Final Cut Pro for the Mac. And his work is paying for it. It's really good for him. anyway, i LOVE your apartment. I'm so happy for you Jen...cause Cory I know you don't care as much. Take care and be careful where you wonder. :)
-Rachel