Friday, January 18, 2008

This One's For You Pam, Well, The First Part Anyway

So this game on the street is called...well, I don't know what it's called, but it's basically like the game of Buck-Buck. If you don't know what Buck-Buck is, you should ask your youth pastor and he'll tell you.

I was talking to my Aunt's Dad over Christmas and showed him the pictures of the game and he was like, "Oh yeah, we used to play that. My friend would jump on my back and try to knock me over, and I would try keep him up. If he didn't fall off then we'd play 'Paper, Rock, Scissors' to determine the winner!" I looked at him with the widest eyes I could muster and dropped my jaw in disbelief. I thought this was a Korean invention, but nope, it was an American thing too. Who knew?!

Anyway, we just finished our second week of winter camp and I have two more weeks while Jen has only one. She's been working harder than me for the last two weeks so she deserves to finish earlier than me. Speaking of Jen, she made this baked chicken with honey mustard the other day (which was a really good recipe) and then she turned around and used the leftovers to make a honey mustard chicken wrap to take to school for lunch the next day! What an amazing woman! Thankfully we don't have to eat school food during winter camp because they don't cook during winter camp. However, we have to find ways to provide lunch for ourselves without using a microwave. Jen's doing a great job of it, as you can see by my expanding waistline.

Well, that's all for now, we're off tomorrow to see the DMZ (demilitarized zone) for those of you who aren't familiar with the military lingo. :) If they let us take pictures, we'll post them next week! Take care everybody, have a great weekend and watch some football for me. Go Chargers!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well, I didn't know what Buck-Buck was, but I do now, thanks to Wikipedia! I remember hearing Bill Cosby mention it long ago, but I didn't know what it was. Apparently, it is called "Matupaki" in Korea.

Learn "sumthin" new every day!