Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bible Camp and A Bathroom

This weekend I had the chance to help out in a day camp for a local church that one of my fellow teachers attends. It was pretty fun hanging out with church kids telling them about the 10 plagues and 12 apostles, and it was just as fun selling them orange juice in the market. But one highlight of the weekend was meeting a fellow English speaker, Mr. Albert, from Pakistan. He is in Korea visiting his wife who attends a university in Seoul. He decided to help out at the camp and we had a good time chatting over cereal on Saturday afternoon. Before meeting him I had been afraid to travel through Pakistan on our upcoming trip, but he kinda set my mind at ease a little. I'm still not fully convinced that we should go through there, but my mind is warming up to it. Perhaps we'll work on some French accents before we travel through. haha. (I apologize for the quality of the pic, I'm not sure what happened.)


On another note, I was surprised when I visited the restroom at this church and it only had a saloon door separating it from the hallway women walk through to get to their restroom.


Not much to separate me from the curious eyes of the ladies. lol



Thanks for peeping in. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey! I just now saw your blog! But it looks great and it's so exciting you were able to help out your friend. Very cool!!