Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eyes Wide Open

So, at last I am adding my "two cents" to our blog. My excuse is that I have been busy with other things . . . but the truth is I just haven't taken the time.

We are now in Lombok - an island in the Indonesian archepelago. The island is beautiful, the people are very friendly, and I realize again how ungrateful I am for all I have. When you visit a place like this (pictures will follow soon), you realize how materialistic and petty you become. We have so much and are still unhappy - many of these people have so little (when you unfairly compare them to "us"), and yet have little to complain about.

Cory is looking at his watch, and as the price to use the internet is high, (10 cents/minute), you'll have to get the rest of the story from this adventure when we have more time to sit and share stories and pictures of this unforgettable place.

Until next time,
Jen

No comments: