Thursday, June 14, 2007

I was getting kinda bored so...

...I wrecked my friend's car. I can't believe it!

I was pulling into my friendly neighborhood Golden Arches and as I was going over the speed bump in the parking lot I heard an awful sound. I had never before dragged going over that bump in any car. So I looked around to see if somebody was around and sure enough, the guy in the truck next to me had his butt bumper kissing my butt bumper.

The funny thing is that after I got out of my car and stood behind his truck, it took him forever to get out and say something! It was like he just wanted to wave it off and go on. It didn't do any damage to his redneck truck, so I can understand his lack of concern. His first words were, "I'll claim it on insurance." I guess that's fine. We went through the whole police report thing and shook hands before leaving.

There are several things to be done still. I got an estimate...$400. I have to wait five days to pick up the police report and then we can get down to haggling with his insurance company. Then I have a vacation in Bali!! Here's a couple pics of the damage. Take care, folks.



1 comment:

Jenny O said...

well if it's any consolation to you... my friend was here staying with me and last Sunday I pulled out of my garage and did as normal in pulling out...forgetting her car was to the right side of me and I hit her bumper- no dents thankfully but she does have some nice white paint on her car... the bad part is her car is a jetta!! who cares about my ford taurus.. ;)