Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Miss My Dryer!

How many of you line-dry your clothes? I have never done this in my life, with the exception of camping trips, but that's way different.

Anyhow, I've discovered over the last few months that a dryer does way more than dry your clothes. If you don't believe me, go for a month without drying your clothes and see where you find lint on your body!

It's not just the softer fabric that comes out of the dryer, or that the clothes are SOOOO warm when they come out (making you feel nice and toasty), or the fewer wrinkles that can keep the iron in the closet for weeks on end, or even the fact that the dryer can return your clothes to their original size. I think the biggest thing that gets into my crawl about line-drying clothes is the thing that gets into my crawl! LINT! It's just uncomfortable! I'm not sure about my wife, but I've never had so much in my life! :)

Now, before you start thinking this is a negative post, let me tell you it's not. I'm not complaining about not having a dryer, I'm simply looking forward to the time when we can dry our clothes with a sweet drying machine! It will be awesome. I will definitely never take a dryer for granted again.

3 comments:

Candy said...

I love all the pictures on all of your other posts, and I totally understand about the dryer, clothes from the dryer just feel better than line dried. I'm assuming you have a washing machine? Thank the Lord for that. Love you, MOM

Tawny said...

HMMMM, at this point in time, hmmmm, I think I am glad to have a dryer. But then I look at the gas and electric bill again, and wonder why. Plus everytime the thing stops someone has to do something with the laundry that is in it. If you tell me you have no static cling, then I might just have to put together a clothes line in the backyard. Oh wait, then we would have to lock Molly "the dog" up, or we would have more holes in our clothes than what is intended. Okay, I AM thankful for my dryer. WOW, all of that, just to realize it. I hope all is going well for you.....hope to see you soon. Your sis, Tawny

Pam said...

We have a clothes line in the back yard, and we used it a lot the first year we were back from Guam. Since we had to start over and I was staying home, things were really tight on one income. I tried to save money any way possible, so I hung clothes on the line. I MUCH prefer using the dryer for the convenience and just how the clothes look and feel, but I did what I had to to make ends meet until our situation improved.