Sunday, March 9, 2008

Adding to the family . . .

We fully intended to wait a few years before adding to our family, especially considering we are in a foreign country right now. However, in just 3 days our plans changed! Here's how it happened . . .

We were walking home late one night after meeting some friends in Seoul and just a block from our apartment there were puppies wandering around on the street corner. One was so cute and wrinkly, we had to stop. They ranged from about $80 - $200, which is definitely more than we wanted to pay on the spot - but it got us thinking. Just how much would it cost us to have a puppy?

Tonight we were on our way home from church and on the same corner, lo and behold - the same guy had probably 2 dozen puppies - so Cory pulled me across the street and we took another look. There was an adorable husky puppy but we figured she'd get too big for our little apartment . . . poodles which I don't care for . . . and then we found this little one.



So, we are now the happy owners of a new puppy. I don't think either one of us has any experience training a dog - so if you do, please send us your suggestions! She's still quite scared, and currently playing xbox w/Cory. What a dog!


3 comments:

Kim and Rudy said...

I enjoy keeping up on your lives :) LOVE the puppy!!

Anonymous said...

This must be a typical Korea sort of puppy.
When we have been in the South friends got one that looked identical to this one :D

If you need any help in puppy training, send me an email.

Say "Hello" to Korea from me. I miss it :D

Anonymous said...

This must be a typical Korea sort of puppy.
When we have been in the South friends got one that looked identical to this one :D

If you need any help in puppy training, send me an email.

Say "Hello" to Korea from me. I miss it :D