Saturday, March 22, 2008

Working in Korea

Well, Cory mentioned in the last post that I'm busy . . . and so I am! I got to thinking - what is it that I do all day that keeps me so busy at school! I can't seem to find enough hours in my day to get it all done, though I can't complain. It could be so much worse . . . and is nothing like the schedules we tried to keep in Guam.

Here's a pic of my school . . . Nangmin Elementary. Other wise known as 낙민초등학교. Yeah, that's what we try to read around here - quite the challenge for me, but Cory has picked it up quickly! What it says, syllable by syllable, is nak-min-cho-dun-hak-kyo.
One of the "extra" things I'm responsible for at my school is the facilitating of an English webzine called "The Nangmin Times." The native teacher before me started it up and it's been growing like a weed lately. It keeps me busy and as our new school year just started I am trying to keep everyone aware and interested in our school English programs. Do me a favor . . . check it out for yourself! (It'll boost our numbers - although last week our high for one day was 68! Amazing!) http://nangmin.wordpress.com.

Here are a couple of other pics I thought you might like to see . . .
Me and my co-teacher, Mrs. Yoo.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went into the school website. Reading the broken English in the student's posts really highlights the challenges you have. Tracey and I think and pray for both of you often. Take care and avoid the dog meat at all cost.Mark

Pam said...

Great to see a picture of you in the classroom. I'm sure you are doing a great job there!