Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dental Visits

Well, a while ago I asked you all what I should do about my oral problems, so I thought I'd write and tell you what I did about them.

We visited another dentist who spoke better English and actually had a really nice looking office (the other guy had a kinda-nice office). He told me that my wisdom teeth have most likely stopped growing, so if they're not causing pain there's no reason to do anything about them. He told me that I would probably need two inlays (where the other dentist wanted to canal the root) and a couple cavities filled (where previous cavities were starting to erode). He said he could do the whole process for $500. The gold alone for one root canal would have cost that much at the first dentist's office. So my mouth is fixed. It feels a lot better now than it did, and it looks pretty good too. I was pretty impressed by his work. He showed me a picture of the work he did and asked me to find the inlay, but I couldn't find it. It's exactly the same color as my teeth and blends in perfectly. It was an uncomfortable process, but I think that will only encourage me to visit dentists more regularly in the future. Thanks for your opinions, but I'm glad I didn't get the root canal.

We decided to take care of my (more urgent) issues first and then Jen's after (to defer the costs). So she's up this month and then we'll both be done with it for a while. We'll let you know how it goes for her.

No comments: