Monday, March 17, 2008

How Exciting!

...would it be if I had something interesting to say right now? haha!

Things here are going pretty well. The dog is a good adventure for us. My co-teacher asked what we were gonna do with her when it's time for us to leave. When I said, "We're gonna eat her," she immediately replied, "That's what Koreans do!" We DID name her Snickers though just to ease her eventual....uh.....passing.

She's growing pretty fast. She no longer gets scared every time we move; she has started climbing stairs all by herself; she has learned to NOT walk over storm drains; she has EVEN learned how to sit before we give her dinner! Most importantly, she holds her business until we get home from school. She might groan all the way down the elevator, but she never springs a leak. It's amazing how much she has changed since last week. We are SO happy that she understands English instead of Korean. What a difference THAT makes! She'll understand more than some of our students will by the end of this school year. :)

In other news, I played guitar at church yesterday, and Jen and I are attending a Growth Group every other Wednesday. We're working through the book "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. It's a "MUST READ." School for me has not quite gotten into full swing yet. My advanced classes haven't started yet, and my other extra class is starting pretty slowly. So right now it's just the normal class. Jen, on the other hand, is busy already and it shows no signs of letting up. But, she's an amazing woman and will somehow find a way to make sure it all gets done.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for browsing this way. I'll try to find something interesting to put on here next time.

P.S. Thanks for your opinions in the poll recently. We ended up seeing a different dentist and he gave us a much better diagnosis. I started the work on my worst tooth two days ago, and he's gonna try to finish it on Thursday. He's gonna try to fix the tooth without doing a root canal if it's possible. (I like that attitude.) He also told both of us that we probably don't need to have our wisdom teeth out! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Most anything by Piper is a must read, I've been finding.......